Displaying chinese words from sql7.(編號:1461)

I have a great problem right now, please help.
It is now a exist SQL7 with using codepage1252, and that's ok for using asp to display to insert, update & delete chinese records.
But when I try to build client/server prog by using vb6, I found I can't display chinese records & do any chinese wording update/insert to the sql database. And that's happened in any varchar and nvarchar type.
Here is some questions,
1. Can I still can display chinese in the vb prog. by current setting? or I need to convert the chinese words (coding) from sql server before do display or update of records?
2. If I can't, is it a must I use codepage950 to build sql database? and I found I can't install codepage950 in English NT server, is it a case? or I missed several steps? Or it is a must to install in tranditional chinese NT?
3. What's actually stored in varchar & nvarchar when I use asp/vb prog as a input?
4. Last question, and how about simplified chinese, can I still store it in codepage950 or codepage1252 db?
Thank you very much for your help.