More about display sql7 records by using vb prog.(編號:1484)

1. I know the adv to use codepage 1252 now, but the problem still I can't read any chinese characters from my vb prog. for any varchar type & nvarchar type.
2. And that's perfect when I do query or update records through ASP.
3. My vb prog. is running in clients chinese win98. I find I can't read or update any chinese words from sql server when I use any tools like, enterprise manager, query analyizer, and most important, my vb prog.
4. that's why I ask what's actually in the db store in nvarchar type & varchar type corresponingly and how can I make my vb application can display/update records properly.
5. And the further is that I got "OS does not support codepage950" when try to install it in a eng. NT server 4, but I can do it well in windows 2000....(but my boss let me do it of course). What's the reason?
8. If I insist to use codepage 1252, how can let my prog to query/insert/update well by using ado? Do I need to call vb function to do conversion, like strconv?? ( I tried strconv, but not work properly).
9. And how to decide to choose varchar or nvarchar??
Thank you all of you!